ICCC is returning to Chicago for a seventh year in 2019.
Opening Seminar: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Chicago is home to 331 ICCC alumni, and since their participation they have averaged 92% growth in revenue, created 1,739 jobs, and raised $200.5M in capital.Our goal is to recruit and support small- and medium-sized businesses of all diverse backgrounds. We plan to do so by partnering with organizations that work with:
Disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs)
ICCC is a national program designed by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) to help small businesses in economically-distressed areas build capacity for sustainable growth in revenue, profitability, and employment. Designed for busy executives of all expertise levels, our tuition-free program provides:
- CAPACITY: Training led by professors from leading business schools
- COACHING: One-on-one coaching to help refine business plans and hone capital pitches
- CAPITAL: Insights into capital alternatives and how to successfully pitch for capital
- CONNECTIONS: Networking with alumni businesses, potential cistpmers and capital providers
- CONTRACTS: Learning how to be a successful contractor
Since 2005, 2,221 ICCC alumni have averaged 160% growth in revenue, created 19,907 jobs, and raised $1.92 billion in capital. As the ICCC alumni succeed, we promote sustainable business growth in underserved communities across the country, and your partnership is vital to this effort.
A business must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible for participation in ICCC: *
• Be an independent, for-profit or non-profit corporation, partnership or proprietorship.
• Have its headquarters or more than 51% of its physical operations located in an economically-distressed area OR have more than 40% of employees residing in an economically-distressed area.
• Be past the survival stage. We typically work with businesses with annual revenues of at least $500,000.
• Have been in operation for two years or more, and past the proof-of-concept stage. ICCC does not accept start-up companies.
*On a case-by-case basis, ICCC will consider businesses that do not meet all of the specified criteria on the recommendation of a nominator.
Do you know of any businesses that fit this profile? If so, NOMINATE them today at nominate.iccapitalconnections.org and encourage them to apply.
Does your business fit this profile? If so, APPLY today at apply.iccapitalconnections.org.
For alumni success stories, see our 2018 Impact Report at impact.iccapitalconnections.org.
For questions, contact Marynee Pontes, Senior Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 238-3035.
SEA Chicago is a proud partner of Inner City Capital Connections.
“Thank you for this excellent opportunity to learn from engaging speakers who care. It’s great to be able to learn strategies and best practices with experts as well as connect with other entrepreneurs.” All Weather Specialist, 2018 ICCC Chicago Participant
“I’ve been to many business development seminars. Nothing compares to the quality of information and instruction!” Harmony Point ITC, 2017 & 2018 ICCC Chicago Participant